Linux & Cloud Administrator (m/f/d)
Our client, Pinguin AG, is the IT subsidiary of a market-leading provider of office solutions, improving the productivity of tens of thousands of businesspeople worldwide, every day. The cloud services the company develops and operates handle hundreds of thousands of calls, emails, SMS and faxes every month.
- Become part of the team that develops and operates the IT-infrastructure of the office- and call centre-platform
- Included are, orchestrated with Puppet, Ansible and Foreman:
- Around 400 virtualised Linux servers (Debian/Vmware)
- 600 diskless Linux-clients (Ubuntu) at 10 international locations
- Cloud services at AWS, Azure and Cloudflare
- You make sure that the self-developed software runs reliably and with high availability. To achieve this you use load balancers as well as failover and HA mechanisms.
- You work closely with the development team. Together you ensure that the Microservices can access databases (Mysql, DB2), Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ and Co. smoothly and quickly.
- You support software develpment with build infrastructure and test environment.
- You are responsible for the operation of the call centre infrastructure and keep a cool head during incident management
- To prevent incidents from occurring in the first place, you consistently develop the monitoring system further, using tools like Icinga2, Grafana and Graylog.
- You have the opportunity to develop yourself in other subject areas like DevOps and AWS.
- Multiple years of experience in Linux server administration
- You enjoy automation and already have experience with Puppet, Ansible and Co.
- You like to take responsibility and you discuss solution strategies you developed independently with the team
- You are a reliable, confident teamworker
- You have a high level of self-motivation and prefer to organise yourself rather than being micromanaged
- For you, security is more than a buzzword: it's something you consistently contribute to and support the developers with your expertise
- Experience with Mysql is a plus
Our client is offering:
- Direct employment with our client, a company that has been growing for years and can guarantee secure jobs
- A company culture that enables you to communicate directly and openly
- Modern equipment, regulated working hours. an international environment with great colleagues & specialists and an easy-to-reach office (U-Bhf Kleistpark)
- Flat hierarchies and short decision making paths
- Extensive benefits (fruit&veggie-flat, company- and team-events, Urban Sports Club-Kollaboration, BVG corporate ticket grant, free softdrinks, comfy coffee lounge!)